Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Houston, we have a roller!

I consider that phrase not entirely overdone and obnoxious because I actually live in Houston.

(sniff)

Moving on, Genevieve rolled from back to belly today! This:

was captured mere moments after the first roll (which I missed because I was in the, uh, bathroom) and directly after the second roll. Therefore, the outfit, hairdo, backdrop, of the momentous occasion have been preserved for all eternity. This, my friends, is Mommy journalism at its finest!

Things played out precisely as I expected they would. Tonight I will be playing the part of Genevieve.


(stretches neck by rolling head around shoulders, shakes out arms, clears throat)


"Uuuuuungh! Uuuuuuungh!"


(flop)


"Oh hey! Look at that! I'm on my stomach now!"


"Doo dee doo dee doo. Man, my neck is getting tired, and this four square inches of quilt is getting a little boring to stare at."


"Guys....Hey guys?"


"Hello? Dude! Come get me!"


"HELLO! Idiots...."


"DUDE! COME GET ME!"


"EFF YOU GUYS! EFF THIS HOUSE! EFF THIS STUPID TOY! EFF THIS STUPID DOG WHO WON'T QUIT LICKING MY FOOT! COME GET ME NOW!"


"MY LIFE IS OVEEEEEEER! I HATE YOU ALLLLLLL! WHY WAS I EVER BORNNNNNN! EFF YOU GUYSSSSSSSS!


(giant hand rolls baby over onto back)


"Oh! Cool."


"Unnnngh. Unnnngh."


(flop)


"Oh hey! Look at that! I'm on my stomach now."...

1 comment: