Sunday, February 19, 2012

Why I should really stick to just the two children: Reference day #1.

This morning:

- Genevieve cried during a nap attempt, as Payne cried through a morning bath.

This afternoon:

- Genevieve napped for 20 minutes
- Payne did not nap, and promptly ended his nap attempt by pooping in his underwear, taking them off (and leaving his poop on my parents' guest room carpet), and earning his second bath of the day.
- Genevieve did a mean pro-wrestling impression as I tried to clip her nails for 15 minutes.

This evening:
-Payne peed his pants. This included soaking his sneakers through.
- Payne went into pre-dinner hysterics after the pee incident. He was cured with a cheese stick.
- While waiting for a table at a restaurant, Payne pulled his post-accident reserve sweatpants down (due to circumstances beyond my control, he was going commando under the sweatpants) as I was distracted by trying to feed Genevieve baby food out of one of those AMAZING pouch thingies as she sat on my hip. I looked down to see my three year old boy bent at the waist with his pants around his ankles. My kid flashed a hefty portion of the patronage of Cheddars. I just....I still don't know quite what to do with that.
- Payne spilled his chocolate milk.
- Payne stole most of my portion of chips and queso.
- Payne spilled his water, onto my leg.
- Genevieve lost it because she was up late.
- I left dinner early to get them both to bed. As I was making Genevieve's laaaaate bedtime bottle she smacked it with her hand, sending water logged formula powder chunks all over the kitchen counter, into the drawers, cabinets, and my diaper bag. I cried, while laughing at myself for literally crying over spilt milk.
- Payne opened the bag of our dogs' food for our friend's dog, as he cheerfully said "Der! Dat's all you need!". It took me a couple of minutes to process that statement, so Fido had probably 180 seconds or so of pure bliss. I'm dearly hoping there are no gastrointestinal consequences for my poor friends to deal with.

These kids are more than I can handle as it is! No more. No more. No more!

I do have to say though, there was one moment when Genevieve was crying and Payne insisted I pick him up to face her. He took her face in his hands and said "Right here, Gen-veeve. Right here!" trying to calm her. He does this because when he does it works most of the time. That fact makes all of the crazy worth it....sometimes. Heh.

1 comment:

  1. OMG, I am CRYING at the thought of Payne flashing the restaurant. That is hysterical, although, I'm sure you didn't think so at the time. :) Thanks for making me laugh today.

    ReplyDelete