Saturday, March 24, 2012

Bluebonnets!

The theme of the day ended up being "Two kids are infinitely more difficult to photograph than one".

Dan, myself, and two of my close friends all schlepped ourselves and our kids to Brenham for a playdate (i.e. workdate) in the bluebonnets. The other husbands were unavailable, so Dan got to be the token male for the day.

A lot of the shoot went like this:

Two out of three ain't bad, right?

Maryn was our star model of the day.


The rest of the kids just wanted to play in the mounds of dirt next to the field of flowers.




For every 900 shots of boys fighting over trucks we'd get one of these!


Whoever says dressing boys is boring hasn't stumbled across seersucker vests.

I mean really...

This would be an awesome shot of Brody, except for my whiny kid trying to steal his truck.

(sigh)

I love little herds of boys.


Awwww!


Then we realized she was trying to steal his truck:


Then HE realized she was trying to steal his truck:


Babies are so much easier to photograph than three year olds!





She's getting so big!


After an hour of chaos and pollen, we went to Chili's for lunch. The waitress was awesome and patient with our gaggle of three women, six kids, and one man. It wasn't until she seemed sort of confused about whether or not to ask about seperate checks and Dan made a joke that I realized we looked somewhat convincingly like polygamists. Ha!

Aimee and Mikel, I could totally share a back yard with y'all. In fact, I think my landscaping would improve as a result.

After lunch we went for a tour at the Bluebell Ice Cream factory, which involved more hard work. Aimee very accurately observed "Now I understand why my parents never seemed to be having much fun on family vacations.". Seriously, showing kids a good time is exhausting! Payne did love watching all of the factory machinery and the "mans" working though.

All in all, I think it was worth it. Maybe. Heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment