Thursday, March 29, 2012

Genevieve is 8 months old!

I love her little profile:

(That toy is really cool, by the way. The wooden balls are all held in a mass by a cord, but they move around when manipulated. I think I'm more fascinated by it than she is. Heh.)

G is getting to be such a big girl! Her hair is getting longer. Please pause a moment to admire the nearly vertical "Who puff".



Her face seems to be maturing to me. I think she looks vastly different than she did as a newborn. I can always see Payne in his pictures, even when he was just a few minutes old, but I can't do the same for Genevieve. Her face has just totally morphed.


(Oh, and OshKosh has the best.leggings.ever. I bought her these in two sizes and they are The Awesome.)

She is a huge talker and wiggle worm lately. A few days ago she woke up from her afternoon nap suddenly babbling tons of consonants "Da da" and "za za" are her favorites. She is rolling and squirming her away around large spaces. I've seen her army crawl a bit here and there, but she seems determined to figure out how to crawl on all fours, and spends a lot of time on tip toes with her butt straight up in the air. Ha!

She has started trying to pull up on objects as well:



Girlie is exclusively eating finger foods at meal times. I'm incredibly grateful to leave pureed foods behind, as I personally believe spoon feeding babies should be used as a criminal interrogation method.

I know everyone says it, but I can't believe how fast her babyhood is flying by. I'm going to blink and she'll be a year old. (sniffle)

No comments:

Post a Comment