Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

Our day started out bright and early at church, where Payne did fairly well. At one point he was standing in the pew behind Dan alternately "fluffing" the back of Dan's hair and scratching his head, much to the amusement of the older lady sitting next to me. Dan did have to take Payne to the back once for a little "You can't throw a fit simply because Mommy can't hold both you and Nugget for 90 minutes straight" talk. I do feel bad for the kid, but my hips have pretty much been completely eclipsed by stomach, and I need a little bit of shelf to set a squirming extra 30 pounds of little boy!

After church we went back home and my completely wonderful husband made us brunch. Then we staged a little egg hunt for Payne in the back yard. I've gotta say, the boy has his priorities straight. The little plastic eggs were immediately discovered to contain candy. Payne adjusted his game plan. He would pick up the egg, pop it open while crouching over his Easter basket and pour the candy in. The plastic egg would then be flung off to the side or handed to the nearest adult to be dealt with.

Naturally, this 15 minute event had to be recorded with about 100 photos.




"Wait, there's CANDY in these!"


"Get that camera out of my face Dad. There's candy to be had."




Uh, Sumo stance egg cracking?




"The Easter bunny was in my playhouse!"


A boy and his loot.

He spent the rest of the time before his nap eating jelly beans and watching kung fu. What else could a little boy ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment