Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter, and the quest for a good photo.

This was the first year I tried to really explain the Easter bunny, and Payne was totally excited.

Then he woke up and was confused as to why there wasn't a rabbit in the house or yeard. Oops. He enjoyed his basket regardless:

(he's rocking his freshly awakened puffy face here)

Genevieve preffered her brother's matchbox cars to her own basket.



Then we got dressed and went to church. I tried to get a photo like twelve times, but they were too busy embarrassing us during the service to pause for a photo.

This is the best I got, at lunch.

(It's not weird if they just coordinate. At least that's what I tell my husband)

I loooove this dress, and it's NOT from Babygap. Hurrah!


After naptime (and a wardrobe change. shut up.) we did an egg hunt, and it turned out really fun!

My mother in law made this dress. So cute!


"Now what we have here is a golden egg, more likely to contain a match box car instead of your garden variety jelly beans."

The best photo of the day:



"You put your left hand in,"

Then I decided I was going to get a picture of Dan with the kids, since we have exactly none.

And then...

Perfection:


I just...there are no words for the hilarity. Dan and I were laughing so hard we were crying when we looked at this. I kind of want to blow it up and put it on the wall so it can serve as the world's greatest conversation piece.

And then the home run:


Happy Easter!

4 comments:

  1. Love the kids, love the dresses, love my brother looking absolutely ridiculous. My only question is... were you wearing blue plaid as well? I'm picturing something very Dorothy-esqe from Wizard of Oz. Bonus points if you wore sparkly red shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I was in a pink t-shirt and jeans, unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best. Family pic. Everrrr.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa -- I can comment now! *happy dance*

    ReplyDelete