Saturday, March 12, 2011

Discipline fail.

I generally put Payne in time out when he is disobedient. We have the "ottoman of shame" set up in the dining room, and he sits there for two minutes whenever he crosses me. Heh heh.

Well, I thought I was doing pretty well with the whole idea, and threats of time out were actually stopping him from continuing bad behaviors, until recently.

Now, after he gets a time out I go in to talk to him and he's sitting there grinning at me, he pretends to listen to my "we don't hit/throw spaghetti at the wall/force feed the dogs bananas" talk and then rushes to hug me, because he knows once we hug he can run away. AND THEN he will go pretend to go into time out. He pushes the ottoman near the couch off away from everything else, chirps "Time out!" and sits there nicely by himself. Once we were outside and he decided he needed a time out and just plopped his little booty down on the exterior window sill.

I'm not sure what to do with a child that finds staring into space in isolation recreational.

No comments:

Post a Comment