Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Wonky Toe.

Feet phobics beware!


Now those are toes only a Mother could love.


He's not splaying out his foot weird here. This is how his foot actually looks when he's standing. His pinkie toe lays completely sideways on both feet. I keep waiting for his pediatrician to notice and tell me he needs toe braces or something, but so far we've been spared.


These mutant toes actually interfere with our daily life (heavy sigh). I have to shop very carefully for sandals, because most have a slot or hole in the near vicinity of the pinkie toe. That's fine if your kid's toe doesn't have the propensity to shoot sideways out of the hole! Payne had a pair of sandals last year that he barely wore because when he did so I spent all of my time tucking his pinkie toes back into his shoes. I think it's possible to understand my dedication to this activity when you think about how freaky his toes sticking sideways out of his sandals actually looked.


Maybe I should should have toned down the aspartame consumption when I was pregnant with him...

1 comment:

  1. The title of this post alone had me laughing out loud! Too funny. We have our own versions of wonky toes in our house, too. :)

    ReplyDelete