Monday, September 19, 2011

Perhaps my favorite thing about infants:

Fat baby thighs.

I don't think you understand.

I really, really enjoy the fatty fatness that is a baby from knee to hip. That adorable bit of chub sort of makes up for the fact that babies are pretty much a vocal digestive system for the first couple of months post birth. Well, the tiny clothes help too, I must admit.

I used to snuggle with Payne on the couch after his nap and massage (cough...squish...cough) his legs while we watched the local news. This ritual was far more for me than for him. I mourned the loss, when at around two years of age his legs thinned out and became cellulite and roll free; more muscle than squish.

When Genevieve was born I sighed at her little chicken legs and waited patiently. And now (Oh Blessed Day!) I have been rewarded!


I see rolls!

I squish her legs about 300 times per day. No joke. I'm a freak.

Genevieve wishes her Mommy wasn't a weirdo.

Too bad Girlie! You're stuck with me now! (cackle)

1 comment:

  1. I love leg rolls, too!

    Vocal digestive system... that is too funny.

    ReplyDelete