Sunday, July 24, 2011

The beach.

I was determined to get to the beach this summer. Payne hadn't been to a beach since he was 8 months old, and he HATED it at the time. Once he figured out the sand wasn't edible he was all "eff this" and spent the rest of our week long Florida vacation chillin' in the condo.

I really wanted to give it another go before we had Nugget, and some of our friends graciously agreed to make the short trip to Galveston with us today. For once we actually took a ton of photos!

Gotta love the ensemble. I think the hot pink flip flops are truly inspired. The adventurous pose is because I went to the beach exactly 5 days before giving birth. Oh yes I did.




I had to record the lovely memory of my entire family owning the same pair of flip flops in various colors.



Mr. J.P. enjoying the sand. He is a beach PRO and sobbed when we left.




Payne not crying! Hurrah! Things are already looking up from his last trip.




Thank God for husbands. Jason, Dan, and Preston spent a ton of time watching the kids so the womenfolk could complete a conversation in the shade.



This photo says "My hat is from Wal-Mart and set me back five bucks".




Payne fell in love with the sand. He dug and made puddles and buried seaweed to his little heart's content.



My adorable hubs.




More of the women lounging while the men, like, parented and stuff.




Ah, nothing like an ice cold....water.




Preston, Jenny, and baby Madison brought Aggie beach gear. I was jealous.




Quite literally the only picture we got all day where he was facing the camera. He was too busy for paparazzi.




Yeah. That hat is mine. My kid's noggin is so huge he can wear adult women's hats.


Aimee getting Connor to nap. I was seriously impressed!




Enjoying watching my boy have a blast.



No blog post is complete without a photo taken at arm's length.



T-minus 5 days until we say goodbye to the belly!


No comments:

Post a Comment