Wednesday, October 20, 2010

And we're off!

I've decided to embrace the navel contemplating tradition of blogging, largely because I want to remember the things I've found humorous over the years. We all know I'm pretty fond of sharing amusing anecdotes from my day with pretty much anyone who will listen, so I've decided to concentrate my love of talking about myself into a central location. Hurrah!

I've taken a special interest in remembering things since I've become a mother. I mean, having a largely unsocialized mini human running around is pretty freaking funny approximately 70% of the time. The other 30% of the experience seems to cause me to vacillate between complete horror and inescapable frustration.

I want to remember this kid thing, because I know I'll wish I could later. Plus, I want to be able to respond to 16 year old Payne's "I hate you!" with "Oh yeah? Well....well you used to pronounce the word horse more like hoe-uss! You sounded like a guido with a lisp!" (Is guido a slur? I hope not.) I'm already rubbing my hands together in anticipation of all of the future humiliation potential!

I don't think this will turn out into allll mom stuff though, because, you know, I have dogs too!

And for my finale, a photo of my boss!

(polishes fingernails on shirt)

Yeah, I should probably just classify this as a blog dedicated to my superior parenting skills.

Also, I should mention that any photo in focus was probably taken by my awesome photographer husband (all of his have the DCM watermark), who does a great job preserving the hilarity of raising a child. All of the crappy cell phone pictures are allll me! Oh yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment