Thursday, November 4, 2010

Another "I can't be the only one"

I can't be the only one that takes complete advantage of my child not having developed a palate yet, right?

The child will eat ANY combination I put in front of him. I've seen him dip green beans into salsa, dip his apple slice in ketchup, and take a bit of red beans and rice then chase it with a bite of banana. He'll eat cheese smothered whatever. I could feed him cardboard with a queso drizzle.

So of course I use this to my advantage. I chop up canned carrots or green beans and sneak them into his macaroni and cheese. I put broccoli florets in his omelet. Or, if I'm eating something terrible for lunch myself, I serve it to him with a side of fresh fruit or something to assuage my guilt. Has anyone ever had nachos with peas and sliced peaches on the side? Me neither. Heh heh heh!

I know this is a short lived phase, and he'll soon catch on that Mama's macaroni doesn't have the weird little green slices floating in it like his does; so for now I'm totally milking it.

Anyone want to come over for a grilled cheese and diced carrot sandwich?



Payne is psyched!

1 comment:

  1. My picky kids (in other words, everyone except Elizabeth) would balk if they could see the veggies. But I have been known to sneak really finely grated carrots into things like pancakes. Of course, topping anything with cheese makes it a winner!

    ReplyDelete