Monday, November 8, 2010

I've got a future Paleontologist on my hands.

Maybe, unlike his Mother, he'll manage to scrape together the motivation to go ahead and get the Ph.D. heh heh.

This morning, Payne was watching "Dinosaur Train" on PBS. This show is fairly new to me, but it's essentially about some computer animated dinosaurs that travel around on a train to check out other dinosaur species. Weird, but if you're going the route of making dinosaurs talk, I guess you might as well put them on a train, too.

I'm in another room putting laundry away when I hear Payne yelling "Gucky! Gucky!". Now, "gucky" can stand for either "Ducky" or "Yucky" so this exclamation usually gets my attention. I walk into the family room to check things out and he's very animatedly gesturing at the train conductor (oh Lord), and yelling his version of "Ducky".

Here's the conductor.



That's right, folks. My son called a Raptor (one of the families of dinos that are the ancestors of modern birds) a bird.

It only took the scientific community about, oh...a century or so, to figure out what my not yet two year old decided at a glance. I'm simultaneously proud of him, and ashamed of the lack of imagination of adults. heh heh.

1 comment:

  1. I love it! And I have got to meet this kid...

    ReplyDelete