Friday, November 12, 2010

Whys?

I'll be damned if these kids don't pick up on just exactly what they're not supposed to notice.

I really try to limit Payne's exposure to fast food. I usually make a treat out of a quick lunch out once a week, on a day where our activities outside of the house run into lunchtime.

I'm very nutritionally concerned.

(cough cough)

So anywaaaaaay, I was going through the McDonald's drive through the other day to get myself a burger before I dropped Payne off with my Mom before I went to work. I'd packed him a lunch from home.

I take the paper bag and set in in the passenger seat, and I hear him pipe up from the back, "whys?". I looked back there and he was holding out his hand expectantly and repeatedly requesting some "whys" (fries).

Sh*t.

2 comments:

  1. Now that made me laugh out loud. Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see him doing something like that. Btw, they have little boy hats like e has. Hope you guys are coming home(midland) for the holidays. I would love Payne and Elizabeth to meet. Plus I would love to see you and dan.

    ReplyDelete